Sunday, October 4, 2009

April Rose


When I was growing up in Guilford, CT every Christmas and birthday I would hope for a tiny box adorned with beautiful ribbon and flowers from April Rose because I knew that inside would be a pretty pair of earrings or necklace or bracelet that I had my eye on. April Rose designs custom jewelry for all occasions. When I went to try on my gown for a final fitting on Saturday it occurred to me that an April Rose bracelet would add a nice touch to my bridal accessories and be a little something from home. I know I snagged the $20 vintage rhinestone bracelet from ebay, but looking at it now it seems a bit too much, and I can always wear it another time as costume jewlery or for Halloween as Holly Golightly (AH is my muse). I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and offer to send a picture of my gown, earrings, and shoes to inspire a design for a bracelet. I want something elegant but not overstated. After all, it's all about the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment